The 61st edition of the Barcelona-Sitges International Vintage Car Rally is held from 16th to 18th March.
Once again, as it happens every year since 1959, Barcelona and Sitges will be linked by the caravan of historic vehicles -cars produced until 1928 and motorcycles until 1938-, which will start in Plaça Sant Jaume in Barcelona and will end their tour in the Sitges, square of La Fragata.
Rally Barcelona Sitges 2019
From 16th to 18th March 2019 (except on Sundays)
10:00h-21:30h Six emblematic vintage cars will be on display in L'illa Diagonal shopping centre, Barcelona.
In the exhibition you can see a Type A, a car that inspired the 2019 poster and that was the first car manufactured by Citroën that celebrates its centenary this year
Saturday, 16th March de 2019
• From 9:00hConcentration of Citroëns Mehari and 2CV in front of the Hotel ME Terramar.
At 10:30 a.m.
Beginning of the Gymkhana through different places of the city (attention to the instagram of the rally and the hashtag #100citroengimcana #rallibarcelonasitges #viuelralli). The last point of concentration will be at Baluard Vidal i Quadres, from where you will take a walk through the town center, following the route: Baluard Vidal i Quadres, Racó de la Calma, Baluard, Plaça de l'Ajuntament, carrer Major, Cap de la Vila, Parellades, Sant Pau, Paseo de la Ribera and parking at the Fragata square approx. at 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• 10:00hArrival of the participants in the Sitges 2019 Barcelona Rally to the L'illa Diagonal shopping center in Barcelona. Exhibition of cars and motorcycles until 5:00 p.m.
The closed park will be installed on Avenida Diagonal, in front of the shopping center, where the technical verifications of the participating cars will be made, in full view of the public, from 10:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
Sunday, 17th March 2019
• 8.30 to 10:30h am Registered participants dressed in period clothes gather in Plaza Sant Jaume, Barcelona. Breakfast.
• 10:30h Rally commences. The start will be given by Barcelona mayor Ada Colau, Sitges mayor Miquel Forns, the President of the Foment del Turisme de Sitges Mrs Maria Marin, the "Pubilla de Sitges" and the "Hereu de Sitges"
Route of Rally Barcelona Sitges 2019
The rally itinerary runs along the following streets and through the following towns.
From Barcelona: Pl Sant Jaume, c / Ferran, Rambles, Pl Catalunya, Ronda Universitat, Ronda Sant Antoni, Sepúlveda, Paral · lel, Plaça Espanya, Gran Via, c / Badal, Constitució, (l'Hospitalet de Llobregat), Santa Eulàlia, Enric Prat de la Riba, c / Barcelona, carretera de l'Hospitalet, Av de la Fama, c / Tirso de Molina, Av Baix Llobregat (Cornellà de Llobregat) link to C-245, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Viladecans, Gavà, Castelldefels, link to C-246, Costes de Garraf, arribada al Port de Sitges-Aiguadolç, approximately at 12.00h.
• 12:00 hArrival of the rally at the Port d'Aiguadolçof Sitges. Reception for participants in the Port d'Aiguadolç.
• From 12:30h on Paseo de la Ribera, beside Plaza de la Fragata, performance of jazz manouche with the group Djangolé.
• 13:30 hDeparture of the rally from the Port d'Aiguadolç of Sitges and Cavalcade through the streets of Sitges:
Avenida Port d’Aiguadolç, Emerencià Roig i Raventós, Avenida Balmins, Port de N'Alegre, Rafael Llopart, Jesús, Plaza Cap de la Vila, Parellades, Marquès de Montroig, Plaça Indústria, 1r de Maig, Paseo de la Ribera hasta Calipolis, Paseo de la Ribera (mountain side), La Fragata